Saturday, May 28, 2011

A letter to my dog

So my dog died today..Mom called in the morning to tell me the news..i might bawl again writing this post,but cest la vie..so is life as they say...


Dear pedro,


After 4 long years,today was the day you decided to leave everyone behind..I don't know,a broken heart doesn't even describe the state of my heart now..you were a beautiful dog..a bit dumb,but so wonderful..4 years buddy..you could have waited around a bit longer..But I'm at peace knowing your death was a peaceful one..with a slight twitch of your head and as your soul escaped you,just like that you broke my damn heart..i loved you man..Will always do..i feel so guilty knowing i could have treated you better..But i know that you know,how much i cared about you..when everyone yelled at you to get your muddy self out of the house,who told them it's ok,and that I'll clean up the mess you left behind?,or who would fill your bowl with doggy treats when you've already eaten for like the 20th time....All you cared about was food,i would give you a whole cow if you could come back..but alas,it's not meant to be..
I'm not made of stone you know,i hope you know that..i hope you didn't think your sudden departure would be well received..No..I've never sobbed so much for a person,as much i have for you..you were my friend..you don't know this,but just sitting there talking to you about things i couldn't tell the people around me,felt so good. therapeutic almost...I don't know ,if you understood a word or not,but that silly face of yours made things so much better....hopefully you understood that for me, it's better to walk in the dark with a friend than alone in the light..how else did you think i could go looking for that strange sound at 2am,in that huge ass garden?..cuz the mere presence of you,made me fell at ease..such a handsome dog you were,I'd give the world up,if i could just give you that last hug  you never got..


I hope where ever you are,things are much better than you could imagine.i hope food is abundant,and you have plenty of things to chase..I hope you've met cheeka and zana there..at least i know you won't feel so lonely..don't worry one day,we'll meet again..when the time is right.i hope you'll still remember me though..
well, i guess that's that pedro,it's time to say goodbye.Hopefully someone will read this letter to you in a language you can understand..you have no idea how much i miss you already you dumb dog..you have no idea how hard saying goodbye is.and thanks,you're making me cry again...so i guess this is it..maybe another life time,we'll meet again,somewhere,somehow..

till then,a million words wouldn't bring you back,i know because I've tried,and neither would a million tears,...i know..,because I've cried...i love you ...from the bottom of my heart...




with Love,
Roshan.

No comments:

Post a Comment